Friday, March 28, 2008

The Poster!

Okay, so wow… I haven’t blogged in weeks.

It’s not that I’ve been sitting around doing nothing, not thinking about The X-Files, and its certainly not that there hasn’t been tonnes of exciting stuff happing in the world of The X-Files lately (teaser trailer I'm looking in your direction!). It's just that I’ve been tied up with my other commitments; primarily (Cult)ure Magazine and my novel (which I finally finished the first draft of yesterday! Yay!)

That said, the below posters is just way too exciting not to say SOMETHING about!


This is a perfect, simple, iconic image that just screams X-Files. It seems to evoke the darker promo images of the show's earlier season, while also calling back to the Fight the Future teaser posters with the projected X that I loved so much. A very good sign.

There is also a great article here, covering an X-Files recent panel that had cast and crew discussing the series and the film. While the article contains little info regarding Done One, it does confirm that the movie continuity will reflect the passage of time since the series ended. Apparently Carter also mentioned that Mulder and Scully's baby could be referenced in the film, something most of the posters over at the Ultimate X-Files discussion board thought I was crazy for suggesting a few months ago!

No comments: